Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My First Ever Attempt at Making a Boy Doll

Of course would have to be Woody from Toy Story!



This one took about 9 hours to do (from concept to finished product) because of all the detail.... He's a 6" poseable doll made of muslin with polyester fiberfill and a small wire armature. I used the fibre craft pattern I use when making my Emma Collection dolls.

The shirt took a really long time to do. It's painted on, but there's tons of detail in the shirt. The boots, hair, and face are also drawn on. The pants, belt, buckle (with hand-drawn detail), vest (with hand-drawn detail), sheriff's badge, and hat (with hand-drawn detail) were all made of felt. The hat took the longest to make because I couldn't find a pattern for a hat small enough. It was a lot of trial and error, but I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I think the pullstring might be my favorite part... it's just a small white ring with a piece of string sewed to his vest.

Since Woody has really long legs to begin with, the next time I make this character will be using the 14" version of my Emma Collection dolls. I also plan on doing a 6" Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment