Monday, August 10, 2009

Best Weekend Ever!!

My husband and I spent our summer vacation visiting my sister in Connecticut. Of course, she planned the best weekend ever! We went to Brown University to see the comic book archives, which was utterly amazing. Then, we saw Funny People at get this, a drive-in movie theater! And this was just Friday. Saturday was spent in Mystic, where we went to the aquarium (so much fun!), shopped at Olde Mistick Village, and had dinner at Mystic Pizza. On Sunday, we went to a flea market in the morning and then spent most of the afternoon at B.I.M.P., where we went to the puppet museum. Apparently U-Conn is one of three schools in the U.S. where you can get undergrad and graduate degrees in pupeteering. That is awesome!! So many thanks to my sister, Lori, for hosting us at her home and for an incredible and fun-filled weekend. =0)

So despite the annoying floor repairs that have to be done in my appartment, I came back from this wonderful weekend feeling refreshed and inspired. The puppet museum was just beyond words. I have quite a collection of puppets myself, and I have dabbled in the past with puppetry and toy theater, but the outcome of the dabbling always was that I'd much rather create the puppets than do the actual puppeteering. Now the artist in me is itching and I'm thinking I may start dabbling again. =0) I've started doing some research and mapping out a project that I know I want to work on for sure. So we'll see. Maybe my re-awakening in my puppet interests will spark something for future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment